Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - Shades of Wrath by Karen Rose Smith

**NetGalley**



Title: Shades of Wrath
Series: Caprice de Luca Mystery #6
Author: Karen Rose Smith

Goodreads Summary: SHADES OF WRATH is book 6 in Karen Rose Smith's Caprice De Luca Home Staging cozy mystery series.  Between her booming business, her family, and her work rescuing stray animals, home stager Caprice De Luca's life is packed. But when a murder unsettles peaceful Kismet, Pennsylvania, she adds amateur sleuth to her resume.
 
Thanks to a wealthy patron, Kismet's women's shelter, Sunshine Tomorrow, has inherited a run-down mansion. Now the shelter's director, Wendy Newcomb, wants Caprice's decorating expertise. Caprice is happy to help, but when she glimpses a few heated encounters between Wendy and some locals, she fears that Wendy may be in need of protection herself.

When Wendy is found dead inside the old house, Caprice is compelled to poke around in her affairs--and discovers she had her share of enemies. Now, with countless clients, a TV gig that could make her a household name, and rumors of a marriage proposal on its way, Caprice must find time to design an investigation that will lure a crafty killer into the wide open--before someone else winds up in a state of permanent disrepair...

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

This was definitely unique for a cozy. I'm not sure I've ever read a cozy that focused so much on domestic violence. It ended up being a sad yet thought-provoking book. At times I had a little bit of trouble following along, but I think that was because this was the first book I've read in this series.

My Manicure: For this manicure, I was inspired by woodwork. One of the houses that Caprice stages has a lot of wood, and she bases her design concept on the different types of wood. I started with a base of Finger Paints Sketch-y to give a nice rich look. Then I stamped with the Bundle Monster + Sloteazzy plate and Annato Clay.




Of course, then I had to see what it would look like matted, o I topped it with Zoya Matte Velvet Top Coat.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment