Monday, December 5, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - Dangling by a Thread by Lea Wait

**NetGalley**



Title: Dangling by a Thread
Series: Mainely Needlepoint #4
Author: Lea Wait

Goodreads Summary: The Mainely Needlepointers are about to learn that no man is an island—especially when greedy developers want his land . . . 

Hermit Jesse Lockhart lives alone on King’s Island, three miles east of Haven Harbor, Maine, where he’s created a private sanctuary for the endangered Great Cormorants. But when a wealthy family wants to buy the island and Jesse’s cousin Simon petitions for power of attorney to force him to sell, Jesse is the one who becomes endangered.

Mainely Needlepointer Dave Perry, who befriended Jesse in the VA hospital, rallies the group to his defense. Angie Curtis and the ravelers stitch “Save the King’s Island Cormorants” pillows and sell T-shirts to pay for Jesse’s legal counsel. But tragically, on a visit to the island, Angie and Dave find Jesse dead. Now the search is on for a common thread that can tie the murdered man to his killer . . . 

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

This is the first book I have read in this series, and I had absolutely no trouble following along with the story. The characters were well-written, although not very genre savvy at times. I did figure out who did it and why easily, but it was still an interesting mystery.

My Manicure: I know I say this a lot, but I love this manicure! I started out with absolutely no ideas on what to do. I started looking at my stamping plates, and realized that this image looks a lot like tangled thread, which is pretty much what happens whenever I cross stitch. I have yet to figure out how I tie threads in knots without any actual knots. With the image part solved, I had to figure out colors. My first thought was to go bold, but it didn't feel right for this. Then I thought of the ocean and picked out some colors that felt like a stormy sea. The base is KBShimmer Fin and Tonic from her Misfits 2016 collection. I really need to find just the base color of this, because it is absolutely gorgeous. The stamping was done with Winstonia Expressionism plate and Bundle Monster Indikon. I love how the stamping helps bring out some of the blue tone in the base polish.




~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment