Monday, December 19, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - Chemistry by C.L. Lynch

**NetGalley**



Title: Chemistry
Series: Stella Blunt #1
Author: C.L. Lynch

Goodreads Summary: Stella Blunt's world is ending. Her parents have dragged her across the country, and she has to start over in a new school. This is a big problem, because she doesn't make friends easily: she's large, she's loud, and she doesn't suffer fools gladly. Within days, Stella has alienated half the school. 

Only one person seems to like her: Howard Mullins, the shy geek in her Chemistry class. He's the biggest loser in school, but he's a great listener, he's smart at science, and he loves her for her mind. Then again, he drinks brains from a thermos and walks with a lurch. 

Now undead hordes are showing up at her door, and Howard Mullins might be to blame. 

Can Stella manage the bullies, figure out her complicated love life, AND handle a chainsaw? 

Readers who are tired of traditional tropes and purple prose will enjoy this debut novel from C. L. Lynch, who thinks zombies deserve love too.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

Uh, what did I just read? I mean that in the best way possible. This was the most unique “zompocalypse” book I have ever read. Stella is a bit of a love her or hate her character, as she is very, well, Blunt. But she is also easy to relate to. There is a lot more humor than you would expect in a zombie book, with Stella's parents being absolutely hilarious. It also gets bonus points for not ending on a cliffhanger.


My Manicure: So, I kind of cheated on this one. My inspiration is simply zombies=blood splatter. I started with three coats of Zoya Godiva, an absolutely gorgeous nude Pixie Dust. Then I stamped with Bundle Monster BM-416 and Red Sea. So much cleaner than trying a real splatter again. The blood red on nude gives it a bold yet slightly disturbing look.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment