Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - I Could Not Stop For Death by Erin Thornwood

**NetGalley**



Title: I Could Not Stop For Death
Series: N/A
Author: Erin Thornwood

Goodreads Summary: Society girls like 16-year-old Clara do not study electrobiology. They do not go to gambling houses with strange young men. They most certainly do not light would-be immortals on fire.

Clara is not a typical society girl, and when her father is discovered murdered and quite literally heartless, she finds herself doing these very things in order to track his killer. The sinister mystery goes much deeper, however, and Clara realizes she might have to give up more than she ever dreamed.

She might have to give up her heart.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

This book was amazing. Clara is great as a main character, strong-willed and smart during a time when females were expected to be vapid and obedient. The secondary characters were also great. I loved the character development throughout the story. My only minor issue was that I figured out the identity of the bad guy way too easily.


My Manicure: For this manicure, I was inspired by a dress of feathers. In the book, it was black to look like a crow, but I didn't think that would work for my manicure, so I went with a shifty shade to add a little more oomph to it. I started with a base of Femme Fatale Feel the Teal, a gorgeous teal to purple shifty polish. The feather stamping was done with Bundle Monster BM-212 and So Metal.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment