Wednesday, December 14, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - Haunted is Always in Fashion by Rose Pressey

**NetGalley**



Title: Haunted is Always in Fashion
Series: Haunted Vintage Mystery #4
Author: Rose Pressey

Goodreads Summary: It’s time for this vintage fashion expert to put on her detective hat . . .

As the owner of It’s Vintage, Y’All in Sugar Creek, Georgia, Cookie Chanel has agreed to share her expertise with author Juliana McDaniel. But on her way to town, Juliana is shot dead, and that was all she wrote. Cookie picks up the thread of the story with help from her psychic cat and a couple of inquisitive ghosts. To unmask this killer, she’ll have to lift the lid on family secrets and hidden motives—because she might wind up getting capped herself if she doesn’t cloche this case . . .

Don’t Miss Cookie Chanel’s Fashion Tips

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

This was an absolutely amazing book. I'm honestly not sure what cracked me up more – the sassy ghosts or the cat using the Ouija board. The mystery was overshadowed by the characters' antics a bit, and the ending felt slightly muddled, but it was still a good mystery.


My Manicure: I love the idea of this manicure, but I do wish it had turned out a little nicer. I decided to go with a simple vintage lace look with a nude base. I started out with Zoya April, which is a pretty nude but I think it is just a little off for my skin tone. I then stamped with MoYou London Bridal 07 and Bundle Monster Bam! White. I do apologize if the picture isn't the best quality, my computer is acting up and I'm attempting to finish this post with my phone, including a cell phone picture.



~Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Love the theme of these posts! How fun! I'm not up on the lingo, can I ask what ARC means?

    ReplyDelete