Monday, February 27, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Wanted by Betsy Schow

**NetGalley**



Title: Wanted
Series: Spelled #2
Author: Betsy Schow

Goodreads Summary: In the sequel to Spelled, can Robin Hood's daughter, Rexi, stop the Wicked Witch from finding Excalibur?
Fairy-Tale Survival Rule No. 52:
No matter how difficult the obstacles or all-powerful the evil villain, one can rest assured that the hero of the story never dies. The sidekicks though...they should be worried.

Rexi Hood is proud to be an outlaw. After all, she's the daughter of the infamous Robin Hood. But sidekick? Accomplice? Sorry, that wasn't in her story description. Yeah, she and Princess Dorthea of Emerald have been inseparable since they teamed up to fight the wickedest witch. But if Rexi doesn't figure out how to break the curse that binds them, forget being overshadowed by the spirited princess, Rexi's going to become a Forgotten, wiped from the pages of Story and reduced to a puddle of ink.

Not happening. No way in Spell.

Rexi's plan? Steal the sword Excalibur and use its magic to write her own tale. But Gwenevere has opened a new Academy of Villains in Camelot and danger lurks behind every plot twist. And you know how it goes in Story: keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

I am so torn on what to think of this one. I had a lot of fun reading Spelled, but Wanted just didn't have the same appeal. If you love puns, there were plenty of them. The problem is, that is about all it has. The plot was basically Rexi dying and coming back to life, and shocking twists that don't have any real purpose.

My Manicure: See that awesome looking shoe on the cover? This manicure is loosely based on it. It actually is an important part in the plot, but it also just looks really cool. I started out with KBShimmer Spruce Things Up. I need to remember this polish around Christmas because it would be the perfect base for a Christmas tree manicure. Then I stamped using KBShimmer PT Young Thing and Bundle Monster 213. As I said, loosely based on the cover (emphasis on loosely).




~Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment