Monday, February 13, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Death in Advertising by Laura Bradford

**NetGalley**



Title: Death in Advertising
Series: Tobi Tobias Mystery #1
Author: Laura Bradford

Goodreads Summary: When Tobi Tobias decided to open her own ad agency, having to moonlight in a pet shop wasn’t part of her vision . . . of course, neither was murder.

Sometimes when opportunity knocks, the door you open leads to a closet. That’s certainly the case for Tobi, whose weekends spent cleaning cages in her best friend’s pet shop may soon be over. She’s just landed her first big break—Zander Closet Company needs a catchy campaign slogan ASAP, and Tobi thinks she’s got the right hook to knock ’em dead: “When we’re done, even your skeletons will have a place.”

But when a real dead body topples out of a showcase closet, she’s about to discover there is such a thing as bad publicity. To save her fledgling business and not get killed by the competition, Tobi takes on a new pet project: solving the murder. But with a stressed-out parrot as the only witness to the crime, Tobi will really have to wing it to put the cagey killer behind bars.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

Oh my gosh I loved this book! Tobi is awesome, her friends are hilariously quirky, and I never thought I'd laugh that much at a parrot (snort, snort). The mystery was great, too, although the ending did feel a little anticlimactic. I can't wait until the next book comes out!

My Manicure: Since the parrot is what stuck in my mind, that is what my influence was for this manicure. The base is KBShimmer Alloy Matey. I then stamped with Bundle Monster + Lucy's Stash and Straight Up Black. The feathers are filled in with Sally Hansen Jell-ous, Sea Through, and Ice Tint. Sadly, it ended up being sheerer than I wanted, so a lot of the effect is lost. But the massive holo-ness of Alloy Matey definitely makes up for it.





~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment