Monday, February 6, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Get Me To The Grave On Time by D.E. Ireland

**NetGalley**



Title: Get Me To The Grave On Time
Series: Eliza Doolittle & Henry Higgins #3
Author: D.E. Ireland

Goodreads Summary: Although Eliza still refuses to marry Freddy Eynsford Hill, everyone around her seems headed for the altar. Not only is her cousin Inspector Jack Shaw about to wed his sweetheart, but Freddy's younger sister Clara is engaged, along with the niece of Henry Higgins. Another blushing bride is the sixty-year-old Duchess of Carbrey, who plans to marry a handsome fellow half her age. But when the groom is found dead, a jealous mistress is blamed for the murder. However, the death may also be connected to the stolen treasure of an Indian temple.

Disaster strikes next at Jack and Sybil's wedding. Soon after, the wedding reception of Higgins's niece takes a lethal turn. Someone is targeting bridegrooms, and the wedding of Freddy's sister is next. Before another bridal bouquet is tossed, Higgins and Eliza must track down the killer. Otherwise, Clara's bridegroom — and perhaps the bride herself — may be murdered before they can get to the church on time.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

Murder and mayhem in high society. I absolutely adored this book! I love books set in early 1900's England, so this was a perfect book for me. Although I've never seen My Fair Lady or read any other books in the series, I had no problem following along. I loved the mystery and the humor, and I can't wait to read more of this series.

My Manicure: Ok, kind of funny story. I write notes for manicure ideas, and for this one my notes were "wedding, funeral, peacocks." A bit random, but I think I managed to successfully fit all of it into one manicure. I used Finger Paints Of Quartz You Can (white), Zoya Storm (black), and Femme Fatale Feel the Teal (teal). I used Bundle Monster + Nailstamp4fun, Bam! White and Straight Up Black for the lace stamping, and Bundle Monster + Lucy's Stash and Heart of Gold for the feathers. The black with lace sadly didn't show quite as well as I hoped it would, but I am loving the peacock nail. I can't wait to use it for a full manicure.


~Kelly

1 comment: