Friday, October 6, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - The Ninja's Illusion by Gigi Pandian

**NetGalley**



Title: The Ninja's Illusion
Series: Jaya Jones Treasure Hunter Mystery #5
Author: Gigi Pandian

Goodreads Summary: A fabled illusion performed by a stage magician who claims to possess real supernatural powers. A treasure from the colonial era in India when international supremacies vied for power. A phantom trading ship lost over 200 years ago. And a ninja whose murderous intentions in present-day Japan connect the deeds of a long-dead trader who was much more than he seemed…

When Jaya travels from San Francisco to Japan with her stage magician best friend Sanjay—a.k.a. The Hindi Houdini—for his Japanese debut, she jumps at the chance to pursue her own research that could solve a tantalizing centuries-old mystery.

With the colorful autumn leaves of historic Kyoto falling around her, Jaya soon loses sight of what’s real and what’s a deception. A mysterious ninja attempts sabotage on Sanjay’s trick, along with Japan’s most controversial magician, Akira. Ancient folklore blurs the lines between illusion and reality when a magician’s assistant appears to be a kitsune, a mythical fox spirit. As tricks escalate to murder, Jaya and her friends must unravel secrets hidden in the ancient capital of Japan, before one of their own becomes the next victim.
 

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

This was a highly enjoyable mystery. It is the first one I have read in the series, but I feel it is a series best read in order. The characters were very well developed. I absolutely loved the setting. It felt like I really was in Japan. The mystery was intriguing, but the ending wasn't my favorite.

My Manicure: This manicure is sort of an "I had the image, so I figured why not" type of thing. Since there is a mysterious ninja, I used my "book ninja" image. I started out with Sinful Colors Black on Black. If you need a good black polish, get this one. It is easy to find and only $2, and applies just as well as more expensive brands. My ninja was stamped with MJ JR-2 and Bundle Monster Heart of Gold.



~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment