Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Oh, Fudge! by Nancy Coco

**NetGalley**



Title: Oh, Fudge!
Series: Candy-Coated Mystery #5
Author: Nancy Coco

Goodreads Summary: Life is always sweet in Allie McMurphy s delectable fudge shop. But murder can make things unpleasantly sticky . . . 
A DEADLY CONFECTION

After Allie inherited her family s McMurphy Hotel and Fudge Shop, cousin Tori moved off to California in a bitter huff, and the two haven t spoken since. So to have her cousin reappear on Mackinac Island without warning is a big surprise but not as surprising as finding her standing over a dead woman impaled with a garden spade in the Mackinac Butterfly House. Butterflies may be free, but Tori won t be for much longer unless the cousins can bury the hatchet and work together to catch a killer who s taken flight. Because when it comes to family, blood is thicker than fudge . . . 

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

The setting and main characters were wonderful, but the mystery felt a little too simple. I also felt that Tori was a little too over-the-top at times. The scenes at the senior citizen center were my favorite - I loved how they were easily bribed with fudge, and not afraid to admit it. It was interesting to get a look at how the islanders view people. Although Allie lives on the island, she is still viewed as an outsider, which hinders her investigation at times.

My Manicure: Once I saw "butterfly garden" I knew exactly what I was doing. I started with Finger Paints Of Quartz You Can for a little shimmer in the base. Then I took pieces of a cheapy sponge and dabbed on Bundle Monster Tranceland, Mercury Bassline, and Monarch Dream. Finally, I stamped butterflies on my ring finger with Bundle Monster BM307 and So Metal.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment