Monday, August 7, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - All Signs Point to Murder by Connie di Marco

**NetGalley**



Title: All Signs Point To Murder
Series: Zodiac Mystery #2
Author: Connie di Marco

Goodreads Summary: The stars predict a wedding-day disaster, but San Francisco astrologer Julia Bonatti never expected murder

Julia Bonatti is alarmed by the astrological signs looming over Geneva Leary’s wedding day, but nobody asked Julia’s opinion and being a bridesmaid means supporting the bride no matter what. Even with the foreboding Moon-Mars-Pluto lineup in the heavens, no one’s prepared for the catastrophes that strike: a no-show sister, a passed-out wedding planner, and a lethal shooting in the dead of night.

With anger and grief threatening to tear the Leary family part, Julia is determined to understand how such a terrible tragedy could occur. As she digs deeper into the family’s secrets, her astrological insights will lead her to the truth about a criminal enterprise that stretches far beyond the California coast.

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

This was an interesting book, but I wish it did a better job of explaining the astrology parts. Since astrology and the mystery are tied together, I felt that the lack of explanation detracted from it. The characters were definitely interesting, and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

My Manicure: I went for a super simple look today. Since the book is astrology themed, I did a nice basic galaxy manicure. I started with KBShimmer Myth You Lots. I love how this polish reminds me of some of the Hubble galaxy pictures I've seen online. Then I took a piece of a cheapy sponge and dabbed Bundle Monster Bam! White on my accent nails. As usual with multichromes, the awkward finger angle is to show off the amazing shift.



~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment