Monday, June 12, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Antiques Frame by Barbara Allan

**NetGalley**



Title: Antiques Frame
Series: Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery #11
Author: Barbara Allan

Goodreads Summary: With their reality TV series, "Antiques Sleuths," Brandy Borne and her quaintly kooky mother, Vivian, have a real hit on their hands. But another hit enters the picture, after a rival bidder becomes a one-woman show at their televised auctions and it s the estranged wife of Brandy s police-chief beau, Tony! Soon the fine art of murder colors the scene, fitting Brandy for an ornately elaborate frame. 
But when you re inside a frame, it s difficult to make out the picture. That s why Brandy s mom her daughter now wearing basic jailhouse orange must sort through a rogue s gallery of suspects including a too-friendly farmer s wife, a ratings-happy TV producer, a questionable husband-and-wife auctioneer team, and even the chief of police himself. 
Brandy and Vivian race to determine how an empty antique frame can hold a deadly portrait, a picture worth a thousand dangerous words. Aided only by Sushi, their loyal shih tzu, and police dog Rocky, the wacky mother-and-daughter sleuthing team must learn the killer s identity before they become the subjects of another masterpiece of murder. 

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

Oh my gosh, I could not stop laughing! The format of the book is unique, with the narration alternating between Brandy and Vivian as they "write" their book. Every so often the editor has to jump in to get Vivian back on track. The mystery was interesting, but for me reading Brandy and Vivian's antics was the best part.

My Manicure: This was supposed to be Sushi inspired. I'm blaming too much sun for how it turned out. I started with a base of Sinful Colors Kovet for a nice cream base. I then blobbed on Dollish Polish SQUIRREL!!!, Philly Loves Lacquer 2 AM Coffee Run, Zoya Cinnamon, and KBShimmer Yeti or Not, and dabbed and smooshed it with plastic wrap.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment