Monday, March 13, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Purr M For Murder by T.C. LoTempio

**NetGalley**



Title: Purr M For Murder
Series: Cat Rescue Mystery #1
Author: T.C. LoTempio

Goodreads Summary: Sydney McCall left behind an ex-fiancé and a New York advertising job to return home to Deer Park, North Carolina and help her sister, Kat, run the local animal shelter, Friendly Paws. Determined to save the shelter from financial trouble, Sydney and Kat organize a cat café fundraising event at a local coffee shop. Things are looking up until their landlord, Trowbridge Littleton, threatens to shut down the event. When Sydney drops by his art gallery to make peace, she finds Kat--along with Littleton's dead body.

Local homicide detective Will Worthington--who just happens to be Sydney's old high school crush--is highly suspicious of the sisters' involvement. Desperate to clear their names from the suspect list, Sydney pounces on the investigation. With the help of one of the shelter cats, a savvy orange tabby named Toby, Sydney begins poking her nose into other local businesses whose owners may have benefited from Littleton's death--until the killer notices she's pawing a little too closely at the truth.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

A purr-fect start to a new series. Some parts were a bit predictable if you read a lot of cozies, but that didn't affect my enjoyment at all. The mystery was great, with every character a plausible suspect. I can't wait for the next book to come out.

My Manicure: For this manicure, I was inspired by Toby. He has a habit of sneaking off, and as you can see, he is even trying to sneak off my nail. I started with Zoya Storm on all nails except my ring finger. Then I used Sinful Colors Black on Black stamped with KBShimmer PT Young Thing and Bundle Monster 412.




~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment