Monday, March 6, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Pressed to Death by Kirsten Weiss

**NetGalley**



Title: Pressed to Death
Series: Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum Mystery #2
Author: Kirsten Weiss

Goodreads Summary: Perfectly pressed. Perfectly proper. Perfectly deadly.

Paranormal museum owner Maddie Kosloski thinks she has the perfect paranormal exhibit for the harvest festival—a haunted grape press. But before she can open the exhibit, she’s accused of stealing the antique press. And when her accuser is found murdered, all eyes turn to Maddie.

Solving the crime is the last thing on Maddie’s mind, but her mother insists she investigate. Does her mother have a secret agenda? And why has the local charity, Ladies Aid, seemingly gone gangster?

In this light, cozy mystery, haunted houses, runaway wine barrels, and murder combine in a perfect storm of chaos. Facing down danger and her own over-active imagination, Maddie must unearth the killer before she becomes the next ghost to haunt her museum.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

I just wasn't overly impressed by this one. The premise was great, and there were some funny parts, but the paranormal was practically nonexistent. It takes place at a paranormal museum and has a ghost detecting cat, but the book focuses on the mundane rather than the quirky elements.

My Manicure: OK, this has a bit of a fail in it. I was going for wine colored, but it ended up a bit...off. The base is Zoya Finley topped with Baroness X Doomfire. Pretty color but not exactly wine. Then I used Konad M55 and KBShimmer PT Young Thing. At that point I was feeling a bit goofy and figured holo grapes make sparkling wine (I did warn you that I was feeling goofy). So, to sum it up, it is a pretty manicure but not quite what I was going for.




~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment