Monday, October 16, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Twelve Slays of Christmas by Jacqueline Frost

**NetGalley**



Title: Twelve Slays of Christmas
Series: Christmas Tree Farm Mystery #1
Author: Jacqueline Frost

Goodreads Summary: When Holly White's fiance cancels their Christmas Eve wedding with less than two weeks to go, Holly heads home with a broken heart. Lucky for her, home in historic Mistletoe, Maine is magical during Christmastime--exactly what the doctor prescribed. Except her plan to drown her troubles in peppermints and snickerdoodles is upended when local grouch and president of the Mistletoe Historical Society Margaret Fenwick is bludgeoned and left in the sleigh display at Reindeer Games, Holly's family tree farm. 
When the murder weapon is revealed as one of the wooden stakes used to identify trees on the farm, Sheriff Evan Grey turns to Holly's father, Bud, and the Reindeer Games staff. And it doesn't help that Bud and the reindeer keeper were each seen arguing with Margaret just before her death. But Holly knows her father, and is determined to exonerate him.The jingle bells are ringing, the clock is ticking, and if Holly doesn't watch out, she'll end up on Santa's naughty list in Twelve Slays of Christmas, Jacqueline Frost's jolly series debut.

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

This was an amazing start to a new series. The setting was wonderful and made me want a hot tea by a fire in a cozy chair. I loved the Christmas theme, which was taken to an amusing extreme. The mystery was great with a surprising ending.

My Manicure: Winter wonderland nails to match a winter wonderland setting. I started out with a base of Finger Paints Of Quartz You Can to give that sparkling snow look. Then I used Winstonia Have a Merry Christmas and Bundle Monster Bam! White for my snowflakes.



~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment