Friday, October 27, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Blackberry Burial by Sharon Farrow

**NetGalley**



Title: Blackberry Burial
Series: Berry Basket Mystery #2
Author: Sharon Farrow

Goodreads Summary: Between a booming art scene and elaborate Independence Day festivities, July in lakeshore Oriole Point, Michigan, is always a blast. Especially when an explosive murder case crashes the fun . . .

As owner of The Berry Basket, Marlee Jacob has learned a thing or two about surviving the summer tourist season in Oriole Point. So she gladly agrees to help run the annual road rally in honor of the local Blackberry Art School's centenary celebration. While alumni arrive from around the country, Marlee hopes the expansive Sanderling farm will make an appropriate starting point for the race--despite rumors that the land is cursed . . .

But when Marlee surveys the property, she stumbles upon a long-dead body hidden in the bramble. It's a horrifying mystery to everyone except her baker, who's convinced the skeletal remains belong to a former student who had gone missing twenty years earlier. As the Fourth of July activities heat up, Marlee must rush to catch an elusive murderer--before the next 'blackberry victim' is ripe for the picking!

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

That was...wow. I don't know how else to describe it. The mystery was intriguing, yet a bit darker and more twisted than I expected. This series is one I like because it is a bit nostalgic for me. It always makes me smile reading it because it really does make me remember Michigan. The orchards, the berry farms, it really brings back memories (even though it isn't set in the area I lived in). 

My Manicure: And I'm back to my typical silliness today. When I read a line about fireflies at night, I knew exactly what my manicure would be. I started out with OPI I Saw...You Saw...We Saw...Warsaw. I have a love/hate relationship with this polish. It is an absolutely beautiful color, but it is so hard to clean up without staining my skin. It is also really annoying to type. I made my fireflies by splattering China Glaze Ghoulish Glow over it. It really does glow in the dark, just like fireflies, but I could not get my camera to pick it up.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment