Monday, October 30, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Someone's Mad at the Hatter by Sandra Bretting

**NetGalley**



Title: Someone's Mad at the Hatter
Series: Missy DuBois Mystery #3
Author: Sandra Bretting

Goodreads Summary: Missy DuBois’s Louisiana hat studio is the destination for Southern brides who want to make a fashion statement. But designing headpieces isn’t her only talent, she’s also got a head for solving murders . . .

It’s not uncommon for folks to live it up a little too much on New Year’s Eve. But when Missy walks into her parking lot at Crowning Glory on New Year’s Day and discovers professional wedding planner Charlotte Deveraux inside a whiskey barrel, the poor woman isn’t just hung over . . . she’s dead. Since the murder weapon was an old hat stand that belonged to Missy, her customers are cancelling appointments and everyone in town seems to be turning up their noses at her. Despite plenty of intrigue to motivate a hatful of suspects, suspicion keeps falling squarely on Missy. All the more reason to clear her name—or the next veil she designs will come in a shade of black . . .
 

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

I really wanted to love this book, but I didn't like how the mystery ended, and there was too much relationship drama. I really liked how the mystery was personal and affected Missy's business. It helped make her investigation make sense - if the murder wasn't solved quickly, her business would be ruined. I also really liked the setting. It always feels like I am right there with the characters.

My Manicure: Today I was inspired by Missy making hats. I started out with Zoya Kiki. I love this type of pink. Bright, but not a weird neon, it works wonderfully with my skin tone. I stamped the silhouette with Bundle Monster 619 and Straight Up Black.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment