Monday, April 3, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Banana Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

**NetGalley**



Title: Banana Cream Pie Murder
Series: Hannah Swensen #21
Author: Joanne Fluke

Goodreads Summary: A romantic seven-day cruise is the perfect start to bakery owner Hannah Swensen’s marriage. However, with a murder mystery heating up in Lake Eden, Minnesota, it seems the newlywed’s homecoming won’t be as sweet as she anticipated . . .

After an extravagant honeymoon, Hannah’s eager to settle down in Lake Eden and turn domestic daydreams into reality. But when her mother’s neighbor is discovered murdered in the condo downstairs, reality becomes a nightmarish investigation. Victoria Bascomb, once a renowned stage actress, was active in the theater community during her brief appearance in town . . . and made throngs of enemies along the way. Did a random intruder murder the woman as police claim, or was a deadlier scheme at play? As Hannah peels through countless suspects and some new troubles of her own, solving this crime—and living to tell about it—might prove trickier than mixing up the ultimate banana cream pie . . .

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

I'm still not overly impressed by the recent books, but this was definitely an improvement over Christmas Caramel Murder. The mystery itself was really good, and it took me a while to figure out whodunit. My problems with it are that Hannah is way too much of a tech failure to be believable, and a lot of the conversations seem like filler than meaningful conversations. Seriously, they were talking about how to make a sandwich for over a page, in enough detail that you don't even need a recipe to make it, and at the end of the chapter was a recipe for that exact sandwich. But that cliffhanger ending was shocking and I can't wait to see what happens next.

My Manicure: OK, I do not like wearing yellow. It does not agree with my skin tone at all. But, I needed a banana tie in so yellow it is. The base color is Zoya Pippa. The stamping is done with Bundle Monster + amyytran and Bam! White.


~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment