Wednesday, March 29, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Steam and Sensibility by Kirsten Weiss

**NetGalley**



Title: Steam and Sensibility
Series: Sensibility Grey #1
Author: Kirsten Weiss


Goodreads Summary: Steam rising. California Territory, 1848. Gold has been discovered, emptying the village of San Francisco of its male population. Steam-powered technology is still in its infancy.
At 19, Englishwoman Sensibility Grey has spent her life tinkering in her father’s laboratory and missing the finer points of proper British life. But when her father dies in penury, she’s s
hipped to San Francisco and to the protection of an uncle she’s never met.
The California Territory may hold more dangers than even the indomitable Miss Grey can manage. Pursued by government agents, a secret society, and the enigmatic Mr. Krieg Night, Sensibility must decipher the clockwork secrets in her father’s final journal, unaware she’ll change the world forever.
Magic, mayhem, and mechanicals. STEAM AND SENSIBILITY is a pre-Steampunk novel of paranormal suspense set in the wild west of the California gold rush.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this book**

This was a good book, but at times it felt like it dragged a little. I did prefer the writing in this book over the Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum series, but it wasn't as good as other steampunk series I've read. The story was interesting, but Sensibility isn't my favorite character. Rather than being a strong character, she just lets everyone tell her what to do. I found the other characters to be more interesting than Sensibility, even though as the main character she should be more likeable.

My Manicure: I decided to keep this one simple. It takes place during the gold rush, so I went with gold flakes. I started with two coats of OPI I Saw...You Saw...We Saw...Warsaw. I topped it with Zoya Gilty, an 18k gold flake topper.


~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment