Wednesday, January 24, 2018

My Nails and My Book Review - Biscuits and Slashed Browns by Maddie Day

**NetGalley**



Title: Biscuits and Slashed Browns
Series: Country Store Mystery #4
Author: Maddie Day

Goodreads Summary: 
For country-store owner Robbie Jordan, the National Maple Syrup Festival is a sweet escape from late-winter in South Lick, Indiana--until murder saps the life out of the celebration . . .
As Robbie arranges a breakfast-themed cook-off at Pans 'N Pancakes, visitors pour into Brown County for the annual maple extravaganza. Unfortunately, that includes Professor Connolly, a know-it-all academic from Boston who makes enemies everywhere he goes--and this time, bad manners prove deadly. Soon after clashing with several scientists at a maple tree panel, the professor is found dead outside a sugar shack, stabbed to death by a local restaurateur's knife. When an innocent woman gets dragged into the investigation and a biologist mysteriously disappears, Robbie drops her winning maple biscuits to search for answers. But can she help police crack the case before another victim is caught in a sticky situation with a killer?

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**
Another great addition to the series. I love how it has a "Southern Lite" feel to it. Some of those sayings are absolutely hilarious. I really enjoyed the mystery, and I'm looking forward to reading more books in this series.

My Manicure: I have to start this out with two notes - it is really hard to find words that work for this and fit on my nail, and it is really hard to write legibly on nails. Ok, onto the inspiration. This is how Robbie fits clues together to solve mysteries (or at least how I picture it). I'm not sure how she manages it, because just doing this little bit was hard for me. I started with Finger Paints Of Quartz You Can to give a sort of neutral background. Then I wrote with Sharpie for the puzzle. It ended up taking three tries, but I was able to use non-acetone remover so I didn't have to completely start over.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment