Wednesday, July 5, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Death in D Minor by Alexia Gordon

**NetGalley**



Title: Death in D Minor
Series: Gethsemane Brown Mystery #2
Author: Alexia Gordon

Goodreads Summary: Gethsemane Brown, African-American classical musician and expatriate to an Irish village, solved a string of murders, led a school orchestra to victory in a major competition, and got used to living with a snarky ghost. She can rest easy over the Christmas holiday. Right? Wrong. The ghost has disappeared, her landlord's about to sell her cottage to a hotel developer, and her brother-in-law is coming for a visit—with one day’s notice.

She scrambles to call her spectral roomie back from beyond and find a way to save the cottage from certain destruction. But real estate takes a backseat when her brother-in-law is accused of stealing a valuable antique. Gethsemane strikes a deal with a garda investigator to go undercover as a musician at a charity ball and snoop for evidence linking antiques to a forgery/theft ring in exchange for the investigator’s help clearing her brother-in-law. At the party, she accidentally conjures the ghost of an eighteenth-century sea captain, then ends up the prime suspect in the party host’s murder. With the captain’s help, she races to untangle a web of phony art and stolen antiques to exonerate herself and her brother-in-law. Then the killer targets her. Will she save herself and bring a thief and murderer to justice, or will her encore investigation become her swan song?

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

I have been waiting impatiently for this book since I read Murder in G Major. I can honestly say it was worth the wait. The mystery ended up being more amazing than I thought it would be. My only minor issue is that there is one scene that felt a little too descriptive for a cozy. It isn't overly gory or disturbing, but there was just enough detail to send my imagination into overdrive.

My Manicure: Another fashion inspired flop today. The inspiration is an iridescent silver dress with a diamond necklace. I started with KBShimmer PT Young Thing topped with Sally Hansen Disco Ball on most of my nails. This gave a holographic silver plus iridescent glitter look. On my ring finger I used Zoya Sue stamped with Mash 70 and PT Young Thing, then topped the stamping with Disco Ball and added Swarovski AB rhinestones for the diamonds.



~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment