Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Give The Devil His Due by Steve Hockensmith

**NetGalley**



Title: Give The Devil His Due
Series: Tarot Mystery #3
Author: Steve Hockensmith

Goodreads Summary: Reformed con artist-turned-tarot reader Alanis McLachlan gets paid for predicting the future—too bad she didn’t see all the trouble in hers. First a figure from her past tries to drag her back into the life of crime she thought she’d left behind. Then a new suitor tries to sweep Alanis off her feet, forcing her on-again, off-again romance with hunky teacher Victor Castellanos to hit the skids. And then there’s the little matter of the client who gets an ominous reading from Alanis . . . and is promptly murdered. Danger is in the cards for Alanis, and she’ll need all her skill at reading people and reading tarot if she’s going to survive.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

This book was good, but way too convoluted to follow easily. It ends up feeling like every character is secretly planning their own con - understandable with how many main characters are conmen - and there is too much to keep track of. But it does have some shocking reveals, and what I could follow of the mystery was good.

My Manicure: OK, I hit a complete creative block with this one. The best I could come up with was sort of a vaguely impressionist look since artwork plays into the plot. I started with a base of Finger Paints Paper Mache. Then I put blobs of Zoya Blu, Neely, and Julie on top and dabbed it withcrumpled plastic wrap.




~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment