Monday, January 2, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - A Fatal Twist by Tracy Weber

**NetGalley**





Title: A Fatal Twist
Series: Downward Dog Mystery #4
Author: Tracy Weber

Goodreads Summary: Yoga instructor Kate Davidson’s life takes a chaotic turn once she agrees to not only be the doula for her pregnant best friend, but also play foster mother to two puppies. The chaos only gets worse when Kate finds the dead body of a philandering fertility doctor and Rachel, one of her yoga students, fleeing the scene. 
Kate is convinced her student is innocent, and she sets out to find the real killer before her testimony condemns Rachel to a life behind bars. But her hands are full with caring for three dogs, teaching yoga classes, and gaining an unexpected crime-solving partner. If she’s not careful, Kate’s next yoga pose may be a fatal one.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

I've obviously missed a lot by skipping books two and three, but I was still able to follow the story. I was slightly disappointed that Kate didn't have more character growth. I did find pregnant Rene completely hilarious, and the puppy antics sounded very familiar. But there are also some very real issues addressed in this book, and it was interesting to see how that was woven in with the humor.

My Manicure: I decided to keep this one simple. I started with Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Pink Sugar Sunsets with an accent of Ever After Polish Yum Yum. My thumb is actually painted with Lou It Yourself E Ho'i Mai, but there was no way to fit it into the picture without a horribly awkward pose. But, you still get to see the polish since it is what I used on the pendant I'm holding. The pink and blue are for the babies and puppies in the book. The pendant ties in, too, but also has a personal meaning. In the book, the mother of one of the characters had Alzheimer's. E Ho'i Mai is actually an Alzheimer's awareness polish, and the hummingbird on it is for Grammy (my grandmother).





~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment