Monday, October 3, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - The Crown by Kiera Cass

**Nothing to Disclose**



Title: The Crown
Series: The Selection #5
Author: Kiera Cass

Goodreads Summary: When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined.
 

My Review: There is something that I just adore about this series. I loved Eadlyn's character growth through the story, and I loved watching her find out that she really does have a heart. I think overall it was a little bit more of a happy story than the original trilogy, although she still had many obstacles to overcome as she tries to find her true love.


My Manicure: Ok, no laughing at this one, even though the story is a bit funny. I chose Vapid Pegasus Poots (yes, the name makes me giggle) to coordinate with the cover. Not an exact match, but red/pink based purples don't work too well on me, so I'm working with what looks good on my skin tone. I wanted to do a tiara stamp because, well, look at the title. I figured a very literal interpretation of the book would work well, and Eadlyn has a bit of an obsession with tiaras, so it would be perfect. Except I don't have any tiara images. A couple of crown images, but that just wasn't going to work. So, plan b. I grabbed my tiara as a prop.Yes, I have a tiara. Yes, I have worn it when it isn't Halloween. And that's how I ended up with this seriously awkwardly posed photo (my fingers apparently do not like tiaras).



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment