Sunday, November 22, 2015

HPB Presents Monochromatic Nails

Nothing to disclose

Hi everyone! Every month, the Hobby Polish Bloggers group chooses a different theme. This month, it is monochromatic nails, which I absolutely love to do. I decided that instead of making a new manicure, I would show some old ones that never made it onto the blog.


The first mani I have for you is my first attempt at an abstract look. I used the purple China Glaze set and a small paint brush for this. This was also my first attempt at an artistic photo.


This was my next attempt at this style. I used a bunch of random polishes, including the China Glaze green set. I also decided that my sweater dress matched better than a scarf.


And now, pink! This was the pink China Glaze set (noticing a theme yet?), and by this time I had improved my artistic pose with a scarf. I also think I had lost my thin brush because the brushstrokes look a lot thicker. Or maybe I was just in a hurry?


My final picture is my black and white version. I think I ended up using 5 shades for this one. The lack of scarf is only because I haven't unpacked my scarf box yet. In case you are wondering, yes, I have a scarf that matches this perfectly, and yes, I have a bit of a scarf obsession.







9 comments:

  1. I really like the abstract concept. Looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the pink manicure - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really do love monochrome! I think the green is my favourite, and it matches you sweater dress so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Would you believe that the matching was all accidental?

      Delete
  4. These look awesome! must have taken you ages. Did you use a dry brush technique? Very nice scarfs too, they make lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). I'm not exactly sure what the technique I use is called, but it isn't dry brush. I use a small paint brush, and starting with the lightest color put random lines of polish on my nails, and after I get to the darkest color I add more of the lighter ones to add a little more depth to the look. It doesn't take as long as it looks because the placement is random.

      Delete