Wednesday, August 16, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Grave Errors by Carol J. Perry

**NetGalley**



Title: Grave Errors
Series: Witch City Mystery #5
Author: Carol J. Perry

Goodreads Summary: Whose funeral will be next? 
For residents of Salem, Massachusetts, the day after Halloween brings empty candy wrappers, sagging pumpkins, and a community-wide identity crisis. That is, until Lee Barrett s TV production class suggests extending the spooky season with the traditional Mexican celebration Dia de Los Muertos. But when the students discover not all of Salem s dead are resting in peace, the post-October blues don t seem so bad after all . . . 
As if a series of haunting graveyard visits isn t disturbing enough, Lee and her policeman boyfriend connect the crime to an unsolved missing person case. Driven by a series of chilling psychic visions, Lee calls on her cleverest allies including her shrewd cat, O Ryan to go underground and dig up the evidence needed to put a lid on a cold case forever . . . before the latest headstone in town has her name on it! 

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

I loved this book, but I was also disappointed in parts of it. I like that Lee is a reluctant scryer. Her struggling with her ability really adds to the story. I really enjoyed the mystery, but I found the twists to be a bit predictable. The addition of a Day of the Dead celebration was awesome, but I felt that it was lacking a little in the explanation of the holiday and its traditions.

My Manicure: With a Day of the Dead theme going on, I just had to do sugar skulls. I honestly do not want to take this manicure off, I love it that much. I started out with Sinful Colors Black on Black - my favorite black creme. The sugars skulls were done with Bundle Monster 413 and the entire Electro Glo collection - Kandi Spirit, Monarch Dream, Tranceland, Mercury Bassline, Rave Babe, and Jungle Mirage. I don't have a blacklight to show it, but all six of the stamping polishes are blacklight reactive.


~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment