Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Dead in the Water by Denise Swanson

**NetGalley**



Title: Dead in the Water
Series: Welcome Back to Scumble River #1
Author: Denise Swanson

Goodreads Summary: A twister, a kidnapping, and a murder--oh my! Scumble River may never be the same.

For school psychologist Skye Denison, there's certainly no place like home. When a violent tornado devastates her small hometown of Scumble River, she can't see how the community will ever recover--especially since town councilman Zeke Lyons appears to have perished in the twister.

But things get even worse for Skye when her police chief husband, Wally, disappears in the midst of investigating Zeke's death, and evidence arises pointing to foul play. Did Zeke really die in the storm, or was he murdered? And could Wally be next on the criminal's hit list?

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

That was a whirlwind of emotions. Before I start my review, I have to share a quick, bizarre coincidence. When I started reading this book, I only made it a couple chapters in before bedtime. Well, I woke up the next morning to a tornado warning! We were lucky and didn't get hit, but it was a bit weird when I remembered what I had read right before I fell asleep. OK, time for my review. I really enjoyed reading this book, although at times I forgot about the murder. The kidnapping plot was so well written that I was caught up in it and forgot about the murder for most of the book. I really loved how this book was written as both a start of a new series and a continuation of an old series. It is perfect for both old and new fans.
 

My Manicure: One of the ongoing things in this book is Skye not wanting to know her baby's gender and her mom trying to find out. I decided to go with a gender reveal type gradient with a pinky purple for girl and blueish purple for boy. I put Bundle Monster Mercury Bassline and Monarch Dream onto a cosmetic sponge and dabbed it onto my nails until it made a nice gradient.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment