Monday, May 22, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - No Charm Intended by Mollie Cox Bryan

**NetGalley**



Title: No Charm Intended
Series: Cora Crafts Mystery #2
Author: Mollie Cox Bryan

Goodreads Summary: Settling into her new life and career in small-town Indigo Gap, North Carolina, Cora Chevalier is preparing to host a -wildcrafting- retreat at her Victorian home. But a specter hangs over the venture when beloved local nanny Gracie Wyke goes missing. Amidst leading their guests in nature hikes, rock painting and making clay charms, Cora and her business partner, Jane, team up with Gracie's boyfriend, Paul, to launch their own investigation into her disappearance when the local police prove unhelpful. 
Cora and her crafters take Paul in, believing he is in danger and not the suspect police have made him out to be. However as they uncover new clues and a body turns up at a local abandoned amusement park, Cora and Jane begin to question their decision. With more questions than answers arising, is Cora crafty enough to untangle a knot that could put an innocent in jail--and permanently destroy her reputation? 

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

This definitely isn't your typical cozy series. At times the mystery almost seems like a secondary plot, but with Cora being a former social worker is makes sense that the focus would be on the characters. The alternating viewpoints with Cora and Jane help to make the characters feel more real. At times I even felt as if I was right there with the characters. The mystery was also very well written.

My Manicure: My inspiration today was the book cover. I love the look of the turquoise lace/doily. I started with KBShimmer Shore Thing, one of my favorite turquoise polishes. Then I stamped with Messy Mansion MM44 and KBShimmer PT Young Thing.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment