Wednesday, November 2, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - Rhythm & Clues by Sue Ann Jaffarian

**NetGalley**



Title: Rhythm & Clues
Series: Odelia Grey Mystery #11
Author: Sue Ann Jaffarian

Goodreads Summary: It’s a rockin’ flashback for Odelia Grey when her mother asks her to look into the disappearance of a neighbor, the former lead singer for a band Odelia idolized in her youth. But when a body is found in Bo Shank’s house by another member of Odelia’s family, everything quickly gets thrown out of tune.

My Review: **I  voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

I thought this would be a little more cozy than it was. But once I got used to it being edgier than I expected, I really enjoyed it. I think the series is best read in order. It did a good job of explaining the characters and relationships, but you have to watch out for spoilers. The mystery itself was slightly convoluted but well written.


My Manicure: So, before I read this, I was thinking a nice music-themed manicure would work nicely to tie in with the title. After I read it, I came up with a much more... macabre idea. I started out by painting French tips with Finger Paints Paper Mache, then carefully using a French tip brush to shape them. Then I carefully painted Sinful Colors Kovet over the tips to give it a slight off-white look. After that, which honestly probably took close to an hour since I did both hands, I stamped on a super cute lace design with MoYou London Bridal 07 and Bundle Monster Bam! White. And then on to the fun part. Using Cupcake Polish Blood Hound and a coffee stirrer straw that I cut in half, I proceeded to make a bloody mess of my manicure. When you read the book, you will probably be able to pick out the exact line that inspired this. Macabre, possibly even slightly gruesome, but I feel that I nailed the inspiration.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment