Monday, November 14, 2016

My Nails and My Book Review - Raiders of the Lost Bark by Sparkle Abbey

**NetGalley**



Title: Raiders of the Lost Bark
Series: Pampered Pets Mystery #8
Author: Sparkle Abbey

Goodreads Summary: Mel’s enemy may be barking up the wrong tree...

But someone is about to become a killer.

Melinda Langston, amateur sleuth and Bow Wow Boutique owner, finds herself “Glamping Under the Stars” with a blackmailer, Orange County’s hottest new gourmet pet chef, Addison Rae. But before Mel can put an end to Addison’s strong-arming, the chef is found dead. Mel is just one of many suspects who had motive to snuff out the demanding chef.

Was it Redmond, the angry sous chef who detested working for Addison? What about rival chef, Pepper Maddox? The glamping chef gig was hers until Addison blackmailed her way into the job. And then there’s Asher, a charming fellow camper whose past relationship with Addison isn’t the only secret he’s guarding. Mel’s not one to tuck tail and run, even when it looks like she may be the next victim.
 

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

This is such a cute series! I still get a bit confused on who is narrating the story. For some reason I can never remember which cousin is which. It had a great mystery with a super hateable victim, so there was no shortage of suspects.

My Manicure: So, I went simple with the inspiration for this. Since they are glamping in the park, there are a lot of open grassy areas. I started with a base of an unlabeled green Color Club. Then I dabbed on Sinful Colors Pistache and Color Club Feelin' Groovy and blotted plastic wrap over it a few times to give it a marbled look. I ended up repeating the process with just Feelin' Groovy to add a little more variation to it. It really gives a nice grassy field effect, and isn't a super in your face look. I do wish it photographed a little better - the color is less yellow in real life, and the effect is a little easier to see.




~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment