Wednesday, February 28, 2018

My Nails and My Book Review - Pawprints & Predicaments by Bethany Blake

**NetGalley**



Title: Pawprints and Predicaments
Series: Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #3
Author: Bethany Blake

Goodreads Summary: 
The Tail Waggin' Winterfest is the highlight of the season in the famously pet-friendly Pocono Mountains town of Sylvan Creek. But despite attractions like an ice sculpture display, a dogsled race, and gourmet hot chocolate, Daphne Templeton finds herself annoyed by TV producer Lauren Savidge, who's filming the festivities. She's critical, controlling, and as chilly as the January air. Daphne would like to tell her to go jump in a lake--and as a matter of fact, that's exactly what they're both going to do . . .

It's the first-ever polar bear plunge in Lake Wallapawakee, and Daphne and Lauren are among the eighty or so people who charge into the frigid water to raise funds for animals in need. Daphne makes it back to shore--with the help of a mysterious St. Bernard--but Lauren is dragged out stone cold dead. Now, with her trusty basset hound Socrates at her side, Daphne intends to assist Detective Jonathan Black in his investigation--whether he wants her to or not . . .

Includes recipes for homemade pet treats!

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**
Could someone please make the Tail Waggin' Winterfest real? Minus the murder, it sounds like a wonderful festival, and it is a beautiful setting for the mystery. There are some amazingly quirky characters and pets. I found the mystery to be a bit surprising.

My Manicure: I went for a Winterfest look today. I started with a base of KBShimmer Ink Again. To me, this represents the lake that kicks off the plot. I stamped the snowflakes with Bundle Monster H02 and So Metal.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment