Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Nails and My Book Review - Murder Borrowed, Murder Blue by Stephanie Blackmoore

**NetGalley**



Title: Murder Borrowed, Murder Blue
Series: Wedding Planner Mystery #3
Author: Stephanie Blackmoore

Goodreads Summary: 
A celebrity couple getting hitched on Valentine's Day would be a big boost for Mallory Shepard's wedding planning business, but someone's got cold feet: a corpse . . .Actress Dakota Craig is set to tie the knot with her famous musician boyfriend at Mallory's Pennsylvania B&B on the most romantic day of the year. Best of all, the whole thing will air on the reality TV show I Do. But the maid of honor has dropped out of the wedding party--by dropping dead.

A lot of people insist the show must go on, so Mallory's investigation keeps getting sidetracked by everything from a meddling mother to a foot of snow to a side project making arrangements for a high school Winter Ball. But if she doesn't catch the noxious culprit, the bride might wind up with a funeral wreath instead of a bouquet . . .

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**
This is one of my favorite series. I love when settings feel authentic, and I always feel like I'm in the Pittsburgh area when I'm reading these books. I really liked the plot. Mallory has the chance of a lifetime with this show, only to have it marred by a murder. There are also a few interesting surprises along the way. The ending was a major shock.

My Manicure: I'm just going to start out by saying that it is really hard for me to keep a wedding manicure this simple. But my inspiration was the simple, stark black and white color palette, so I had to avoid unnecessary glitz. I started with Sinful Colors Black on Black. The happy couple was stamped with Bundle Monster Bam! White and S233.


~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment