Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - Death by Eggnog by Alex Erickson

**NetGalley**



Title: Death by Eggnog
Series: Bookstore Cafe Mystery #5
Author: Alex Erickson

Goodreads Summary: Krissy Hancock is staying in her adopted hometown of Pine Hills, Ohio, for Christmas this year--and she even has a whole week off from her combination bookstore-cafe. But a killer is about to dampen her spirits . . . 
Unfortunately, Krissy's been roped into filling in for a sick elf in the local holiday musical extravaganza. With a demanding director, backstage gossip, and two men in fierce competition for the starring role, it isn't all sweetness and Christmas lights. Then a murder puts a stop to the production, and Krissy is faced with a pageant of suspects. 
Could her ex-boyfriend, a fellow elf, really be the culprit as the police are claiming? Or will the actor playing Santa be trading his red suit for an orange jumpsuit? When her behind-the-scenes investigation starts getting dangerous, the only thing Krissy really wants is to make it to Christmas dinner alive. But first she'll have to finish wrapping up this case . . .

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

I loved this book until it revealed the motive. It just felt weak to me. The mystery itself was great, and so was the reveal - it was just the motive that left me unsatisfied with the ending. I do wish that Krissy's dad had made an appearance since Christmas in a cozy typically involves family.

My Manicure: I went for a simple Christmas themed mani today. I started out with Revlon Emerald City, then topped it with my custom Dollish Polish Wreck the Halls. The polish is based on our fear of what two lab puppies could do at Christmas if we put a tree up (it has a green base for the tree and multicolor shreds for shattered ornaments). I stamped the ornaments with Bundle Monster H03 and So Metal.



~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment