Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - The Tell-Tale Tarte by Maya Corrigan

**NetGalley**



Title: The Tell-Tale Tarte
Series: Five-Ingredient Mystery #4
Author: Maya Corrigan

Goodreads Summary: It's a cold January in the Chesapeake Bay area, but Cool Down Cafe manager Val Deniston has plenty to sweat over--like catering a book club event, testing recipes for her Granddad's cookbook, and catching the author of a deadly tale of murder. . .

The last thing Val needs in her life is an unsolved murder, especially when the victim, an actor famed for impersonating Edgar Allan Poe, happens to be dressed exactly like her Granddad. To keep an eye on Granddad, whose latest job takes him to the home of Rick Usher, a local author inspired by Poe, Val gets herself hired as a cook in Rick's House of Usher. When she discovers the actor wasn't the only one doing an impersonation, separating the innocent from the murderous becomes a real-life horror story. But Val must decipher a killer's M.O. sooner rather than later . . . or she can forget about finding poetic justice.

Includes 6 delicious five-ingredient recipes!

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

This was an interesting book. The Poe facts were a neat addition and helped make the story feel a little more real.

My Manicure: My inspiration this time around was the "tell-tale tarte". I started with a base of Zoya Blair. Then I stamped with Bundle Monster H13 and Heart of Gold. This look will be perfect for fall.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment