Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - The Elusive Elixer by Gigi Pandian

**NetGalley**



Title: The Elusive Elixer
Series: An Accidental Alchemist Mystery #3
Author: Gigi Pandian

Goodreads Summary: Dorian Robert-Houdin, the three-and-a-half-foot gargoyle chef who fancies himself a modern-day Poirot, is slowly turning into stone, and it’s up to Zoe Faust to unravel the alchemical secrets that can save him. When they discover that a long-lost stone gargoyle with a connection to Dorian has reappeared in Europe, the stakes are even higher. From Portland to Paris, Zoe searches for the hidden knowledge she needs, but a cold case that harkens back to 1942 throws her off course. With an ailing friend desperately trying to discover his own elixir of life and a new romantic interest offering the first chance at love she’s had in nearly a century, Zoe is torn between a dangerous form of alchemy and her desire for a safer life.

My Review: **I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

Wow this was a unique book! Alchemy, murder, and a gargoyle who thinks he is Poirot? Crazy, but it works. It is the third book in the series, but I had no trouble following along. I had so much fun reading this book, and I can't wait to catch up on the series.


My Manicure: This was a tricky one to figure out. First I had to find a base that looked elixery. Then I needed to find a design that looked sciencey. I ended up with a base of Zoya Olivera. The shiftyness made me think of a magic potion. Then I stamped it with Bundle Monster H23 and So Metal.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment