Wednesday, May 2, 2018

My Nails and My Book Review - Pick and Chews by Linda O. Johnston

**NetGalley**



Title: Pick and Chews
Series: Barkery & Biscuits Mystery #4
Author: Linda O. Johnston

Goodreads Summary: 
Carrie Kennersly tries to help her veterinarian boyfriend when he's under suspicion of murder...Is he a keeper, or should she let him go off-leash for good?
As a technician for a local vet and the owner of the Barkery & Biscuits dog bakery, Carrie Kennersly is excited to host a rescue animal adoption event. She's also excited to be in a relationship with veterinarian Dr. Reed Storme, despite his pleas for her to butt out of the murder cases she keeps finding herself involved with. Yet when Reed is accused of killing his former veterinary colleague, he seems a lot more agreeable to having amateur detective Carrie butt back in. Can Carrie clear Reed, or does she care too much for a killer?

Includes recipes for dog treats and people treats!

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**
The mystery was decent but it dragged a bit. It took way too long for the victim to be killed, and the pacing never really picked up from there. I was surprised by the killer, but by then I really didn't care who did it.

My Manicure: Ugh, I almost forgot to finish this post. I went for a cute animal themed manicure. I started with a base of Sinful Colors Black on Black. Then I stamped using Bundle Monster S159, Tranceland, and Monarch Dream.



~Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. sns nails

    ReplyDelete