Friday, April 27, 2018

My Nails and My Book Review - Magick Run Amok by Sharon Pape

**NetGalley**



Title: Magick Run Amok
Series: Abracadabra Mystery #3
Author: Sharon Pape

Goodreads Summary: 
The answer to whodunit may lie beyond the veil . . . 
November in upstate New York can be chilly, but Kailyn Wilde’s shop, Abracadabra, is a cozy respite where you can find lotions, potions, and plenty of warm, feline company. But what customers don’t know is that the proprietor has some unusual powers—and unusual friends, including the renowned magician Merlin, who’s been transported into the modern world. All of which comes in handy when there’s a murder to be solved . . .
 
Investigative journalist Ryan Cutler has perished in a car accident in New Camel, and his friend, Travis, suspects foul play—especially when the reporter’s notes reveal a mysterious list of dead men’s names. Kailyn wants to help, but she’s also got her hands full with the curmudgeonly Merlin, who’s not exactly maintaining a low profile. Between keeping the wizard under wraps and mixing up cold remedies that work like magic, she’ll have to tap into her many talents to figure out a killer’s fatal formula . . .

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**
My notes on this book are not helping me at all. For example, I wrote down "Amok! Amok! Amok, Amok, Amok!" because every time I saw the title it popped into my head. I really enjoy the humor in this series. It actually comes in two different forms - Merlin attempting to understand the modern world (or not bothering to understand some of it), and Morgana and Bronwyn's constant bickering and awkward timing. The mystery itself was pretty good, but a little overly complicated.

My Manicure: Ugh I am so far behind. This was already supposed to be posted, but I ended up exhausted with a migraine and could not get the energy or focus to post it. Kailyn has a lot of cats, so I went with a black cat familiar theme. I started with ILNP Mega (L). Then I stamped the cats with MoYou London Festive 15 and Bundle Monster Straight Up Black.


~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment