Wednesday, March 21, 2018

My Nails and My Book Review - Who Moved My Goat Cheese? by Lynn Cahoon

**NetGalley**



Title: Who Moved My Goat Cheese?
Series: Farm-to-Fork Mystery #1
Author: Lynn Cahoon

Goodreads Summary: 
Angie Turner hopes her new farm-to-table restaurant can be a fresh start in her old hometown in rural Idaho. But when a goat dairy farmer is murdered, Angie must turn the tables on a bleating black sheep . . .  
With three weeks until opening night for their restaurant, the County Seat, Angie and her best friend and business partner Felicia are scrambling to line up local vendors—from the farmer's market to the goat dairy farm of Old Man Moss. Fortunately, the cantankerous Moss takes a shine to Angie, as does his kid goat Precious. So when Angie hears the bloodcurdling news of foul play at the dairy farm, she jumps in to mind the man's livestock and help solve the murder. One thing's for sure, there's no whey Angie's going to let some killer get her goat . . .

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**
This was a nice start to a new series. I absolutely adored Dom! I love puppies, especially not so little ones. And, because I have to say it, Precious was so precious! Ok, on to the actual story. It was an interesting mystery, although I did have my suspicions early on. The climax felt a little anticlimactic and slightly rushed. I really enjoyed how Angie was going through the final steps of opening her restaurant during the book. It added something a little bit different.

My Manicure: I went for a simple gradient look today. It is sort of a grass and sky type of look. I was planning on stamping over it but it blended so well that I wanted to show it off. I started out with glue all around my nails down to my knuckles. This was to make cleanup a lot easier. Then I did a quick coat of Sinful Colors Endless Blue. After that dried, I worked on the gradient. I put Sinful Colors Garden Party and Endless Blue on a makeup wedge and started sponging it on to my nails. I found that it worked best when I pressed it on my nail twice, one a little higher than center and once a little lower, then moved to the next nail. I could do two nails this way before I needed to put more polish on the sponge. I kept repeating this until I was happy with the results.



~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment