Friday, November 10, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - A Fatal Collection by Mary Ellen Hughes

**NetGalley**



Title: A Fatal Collection
Series: Keepsake Cove Mystery #1
Author: Mary Ellen Hughes

Goodreads Summary: Callie Reed makes a long overdue visit to her aunt Melodie, who lives in a fairy-tale cottage in quaint Keepsake Cove, home to a bevy of unique collectible shops on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Just as they're beginning to reconnect, Callie discovers her aunt's body on the floor of her music box shop. Grief-stricken, Callie finds she can't accept Melodie's death being called accidental. How could her strong and healthy aunt take such a fatal fall? And why was she there in the middle of the night?

As Callie searches for the truth, signs seem to come from her late aunt through a favorite music box, urging Callie on. Or are they warnings? If Callie isn't careful, she could meet a similar deadly fate amid Melodie's collection.

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

This was such a beautiful start to a new series. The setting was so quaint and I really wish I could go visit. The mystery was good, although slightly predictable.

My Manicure: I decided to go with a slightly nostalgic inspiration today. When picturing a music box, I immediately see the classic ballerina type since that was what I had. I started out with Ellagee Give Me Liberty. Then I stamped the ballet slippers with Bundle Monster 620 and Babe Magnet.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment