Monday, July 10, 2017

My Nails and My Book Review - 30 Second Death by Laura Bradford

**NetGalley**



Title: 30 Second Death
Series: Toby Tobias Mystery #2
Author: Laura Bradford

Goodreads Summary: To help an old friend, Tobi Tobias gets a third-rate thespian a part in a commercial, and learns that in the advertising business, bad acting can lead to murder . . .

When Tobi Tobias opened her own advertising agency, Carter McDade was there for her every step of the way. A brilliant hairdresser, Carter has just landed his dream project: doing hair and makeup for a theatrical production of Rapunzel. But the dream turns into a nightmare when he runs into Fiona Renoir, a cruel, talentless starlet who won’t let Carter touch a hair on her head.

To get Fiona out of Carter’s hair, Tobi hires the difficult actress for a bit part in her latest commercial. But true to character, Fiona is a terror on set, and Tobi is starting to think she’s made the biggest mistake of her life. But things get even worse when Fiona drops dead in the hairdresser’s chair, and the only suspect is the man left holding the tainted hair dye, Carter McDade. And unless Tobi can prove his innocence, he’ll never do hair in this town again.
 

My Review: **I voluntarily read this ARC**

I absolutely love this series! This was another book that I have been impatiently waiting for since I finished the first book, and now I'm anxiously awaiting book three. The romantic bits were a bit predictable, but oh my gosh that mystery! I loved it! There were so many suspects and some good motives. Add in a visit from her grandpa and the plot was jam-packed from beginning to end.

My Manicure: I finally got to do a manicure manicure! Part of the spa day commercial is a mani/pedi, so I had to do a mani themed mani. I started with a base of KBShimmer Rollin' With The Chromies because it is one of my all time favorites. OK, now that I stopped staring at my nails yet again... The stamping was done with Bundle Monster 619 and So Metal. Seriously, those polish bottles are just too cute! And I do apologize for the awkward angle of my finger in the picture, but it was the only way I could show off the awesome shift.


~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment